Oh fuck yes
Sweet merciful crap, I need this in my life.
(via expostninja)Source: itswalky
I love how people have turned the idea of not being a racist, ableist, sexist, trans*phobic, queerphobic fucknut into the phrase “political correctness”.
Because it’s much easier to say “I don’t like all this PC stuff” than it is to say “I actually like my position at the top of the hierarchy and though I know that I’m only here because many people suffer every day, I don’t plan on changing it, because this is waaaay too comfortable.”
(via expostninja)Source: ziggy-the-gengar
unpopular opinion time: pumpkin pie is massively overrated
I mean I like it okay I guess, it definitely smells really good, but it’s like… way way way more popular than it has any right to be
SOMETIMES FOR THE HOLIDAYS I WANT OTHER PIES GDI
I am sorry. Again, no hate for the pumpkin pie. It’s good. Just… not great. <3
I’m going to go a step further and say that pumpkin is an abomination and I would be happy if it stopped getting its flavor spooge into every other flavor that is synonymous with fall, thanks.Source: ladyshinga
If I could travel back to 1969 and tell the creators of ARPANET that their hard work would pave the way towards a whole lot of twenty-somethings spending hours publicly musing and arguing over the sexual preferences and identities of fictional characters, I wonder if I’d return to the present to find a vast network of computerized suicide machines or homicidal robots where the internet used to be.
Why FCKH8 is NOT an Ally to the Queer Community
- That time they made fun of asexuality and diversity of the queer community in one fell swoop
- That time they became hypocrites about it to avoid being called acephobic (not to mention cissexist/ not trans* inclusive)
- That time they used misogyny to empower cis gay men, alienate lesbians, forget about bisexuality, and be cissexist about all forms of sexuality
- That time they stole ideas from queer charities to make a profit
- That time they stole ideas from bloggers to make a profit
- That time reviews show just how shitty they are at doing business anways
- That time they paralleled racial segregation to the gay rights movement because they are definitely the same thing
- That time they used stereotypes of Black women to render them into props
- That time they ignored gender neutral pronouns, cited religion as a reason for doing so, and harassed someone over it
- Basically all of the stuff folks are reporting on this tumblr I keep linking ya’ll to
They harass and disrespect people on their facebook page. They are actively cissexist, transphobic, asexual erasing, racist, sexist, and misogynist in order to sell shitty, overpriced t-shirts that they stole from charities.
So in other words, fuck fckh8.
(I understand that a lot of parodies of fckh8 have recently appeared on tumblr and other social network websites. As far as I am aware none of the links I have posted above are parodies, and are actually associated with fckh8.
If you notice any disparities, please let me know.)
Glad to know this is catching on.
(via ladyshinga)Source: gender-weird
Spread this like wildfire
This online author write terrible articles that only continue societies sexist views
I’m not saying you guys should all tweet at him
PLEASE REBLOG THIS AND GET THE WORD AROUND
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
$100 says he’s straight, single and calls himself a “Nice guy.”
Okay, I removed the link to the site that the articles are on. I’ve been following this for a bit, and the editor of the site was bragging that the outrage over the eating disorder article got the site over 575,000 pageviews on the 19th alone. DO NOT go to the website, because you’re just giving them ad money.
(via ladyshinga)Source: badgerdash-cumberquat
(Image text: Disability Problem #130: When the NRA suggests “an active national database of the mentally ill”)
And people wonder why some of us don’t want a fucking diagnosis. :P
But don’t you think it’d be more effective to maintain an active national database of angry white men instead?
Okay, so, active national database of gun owners = violation of second amendment rights. Active national database of the mentally ill = a worthy goal. Noted.
I want to make this clear, I am not fundamentally anti-gun, but shit like this is exactly why I have zero respect for the NRA and why they will never speak for me on gun issues.